Wednesday 18 August 2010

Paradise Lost, Monopoly dice regained

Bore da once eto. I think it was Goethe who said:-

'Whatever you can do,
or dream you can - begin it!
Boldness has magic but -
for base-jumping a parachute helps innit.'

I'm sure it scanned better in German. A funny thing happened to me earlier today - when I was hunting under the bed for the monopoly dice. I had just rolled what might have been a 5 and a 2, or a 6 and a 3, and I was either going to land on Park Lane or Mayfair. Sioned - the little dog - had a hotel on Mayfair, but only 4 houses on Park Lane. The difference in rental income was significant enough to merit a full sub-gwely hand-groping and she wasn't about to fall for my 'Super Tax' compromise offer. Sharp with the arian that one. Anyway - and you won't believe this! - no, not Dick Van Dyke, Laurie, that would be absurd - he's far too busy. Ever since he bought that production company the roles have been flooding in. No Vans anywhere near my bed I can tell you. And no, not concrete econopoet Milton Keynes either. It was in fact saucer-eyed opium eater and Porlockophobe Samuel Taylor Coleridge! Under my bed. Yes.




*****drivel in progress*****

Alas I am interrupted by the man from Porlock and must return another day...I shall do Stalin next instead...

2 comments:

  1. STC - the great-great-great-great-great uncle of my boss. How spooky for you. He must be smelling a bit by now, no?

    ReplyDelete